REGISTRATION CLOSES ON JULY 22.
Alternate bearing in pecans leads to problems associated with consistent production, quality and pricing. Proper pecan management can reduce the tendency for tree production to change drastically each year. By using fruit thinning, you can better manage for consistent, high quality pecans and help maintain crop and cash flow. This course will show you the proper ways to determine crop load and how to take action using fruit thinning.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- How to determine crop load
- How to determine when the nuts are mature enough to properly thin
- How to properly thin fruit trees
- Demonstration of the proper equipment for fruit thinning
HOW YOU WILL LEARN:
- In-field discussion
- Hands-on demonstration (weather permitting)
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Pecan producers who have producing improved-variety trees and are interested in improving their quality and return bloom
WHat should you bring:
- Pocket knife for fruit thinning demonstrations.
- Weather-appropriate attire for in-field demonstrations.