registration closes on sept. 24.
This course is designed to acquaint experienced and novice growers with the many strategies available to manage weather-related risks, including too much water, too little water, wind, hail, intense sunlight, excess heat and frost/freeze events.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Types of adverse weather common to the Southern Great Plains and the negative impacts they have on crop yield and quality
- Different windbreaks and how they are used to manage wind
- Components of a plasticulture production system, including high tunnel hoop houses and how they are used to manage weather-related risks
- How to install and use hail nets
- Methods used to install and use shade fabric
- The types and uses of field freeze protection technologies, including burners and overhead sprinkler systems
HOW YOU WILL LEARN:
- Seminar Presentations
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Market gardeners and hobby gardeners