Registration will close on OCt. 22. register at www.noble.org/events
Most people think cattle and wildlife are incompatible. This is not the case. When managed correctly, native rangelands can produce optimal wildlife habitat and forage production for cattle. When native rangelands are not utilized or are overutilized, both cattle and wildlife suffer.
Come find out how you can use cattle, fire and mechanical means to make productive rangelands that will benefit your cattle and wildlife.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- The importance of the five principles of soil health to wildlife habitat
- How to convert introduced forages to native range
- The process of prescribed fire and its importance to maintaining/creating plant diversity structure important to wildlife
- How to use brush control techniques
- The process of grazing and its importance to maintaining/creating plant diversity structure important to wildlife
- How to achieve stocker animal performance on native range for wildlife
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Landowners who are managing their properties for cattle and wildlife
- Professionals looking to gain more examples and contribute to the discussions
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING:
- Weather-appropriate outdoor attire