Growing a variety of specialty crops, including vegetables, tree fruits, small fruits and pecans, offers producers an alternative to traditional enterprises. While specialty crops offer high profit potential, they also present unique management and marketing challenges.
During this seminar, you will learn about the many factors involved in the enterprise decision-making process. By the end of the program, you will have an understanding of the basic requirements for growing and marketing a wide range of fruit and vegetable crops, including pecans, in the Southern Great Plains, and whether or not specialty crop production is something you can realistically pursue.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Resource requirements necessary to successfully grow specialty crops
- How to assess the resources available on your property
- How to determine if specialty crop production fits into your operation
- Marketing opportunities for specialty crops
HOW YOU WILL LEARN:
- Seminar presentations
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Individuals interested in growing for local markets and for their own consumption