Our area has so much to offer. Find upcoming events below, or submit your event listing for approval.
- This event has passed.
Managing Your Pond for Recreation
May 23, 2019 @ 6:00 pm
rEGISTRATION WILL CLOSE ON MARCH 20. REGISTER ONLINE AT WWW.NOBLE.ORG/EVENTS
Ponds can provide you with endless hours of recreation, and they can increase the value of your property. There are many goals for an impoundment, such as sport fishing, waterfowl, livestock water, swimming, fire suppression supply and irrigation supply. This workshop will focus on managing sport fish in small impoundments.
You will learn how to develop a quality sport fishing impoundment from the ground up, from site selection to managing existing fish and everything in between. Come learn fish management fundamentals that will aid you in developing and managing an enjoyable fishery.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Watershed physical properties and how they influence pond size
- How land management in the watershed influences water quality and quantity
- The importance of soil type in site selection for a pond
- The difference between overflow types and their application
- How dissolved oxygen, pH, turbidity and other water chemistry parameters play roles in sport fish management
- Common sport fish identification
- How to apply proven stocking strategies
- The tools used to monitor fish populations
- How to manage individual fish populations
- The value and benefits of aquatic vegetation
- How to use different techniques for controlling aquatic vegetation
- Plant identification and its importance
HOW YOU WILL LEARN:
- Classroom discussion
- Seminar presentations
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Landowners or managers who are looking to improve the management of their ponds and/or sport fish
WHAT SHOULD YOU BRING:
- Plants that you would like help identifying