Our area has so much to offer. Find upcoming events below, or submit your event listing for approval.
- This event has passed.
So You Want to Grow Vegetables in Your Backyard?
January 31, 2019 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Each year, home gardeners use new methods to increase yields and minimize risks associated with growing vegetables in Oklahoma. This course is designed to introduce attendees to the many tools and techniques one can use to successfully grow vegetables.
At the end of the program, attendees will have a more complete understanding of the various practices one can use to grow vegetables in a backyard.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Different philosophies for growing vegetables, including organic, sustainable, conventional and real-world
- Options for growing vegetables
- An overview of necessary and optional equipment and growing supplies
- How to analyze a site
- How to prepare the soil
- When to plant
- Planting techniques
- How to feed the growing garden
- Irrigation system options and how to manage water
- How to control pests
- Crop-specific management guidelines
- How to extend the growing season
HOW YOU WILL LEARN:
- Seminar presentations
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Anyone who wants to grow small and tree fruit in a backyard setting